- Family-style potluck Shabbat/Tu B'Shvat dinner
- Worship services
- Coming up at Yavneh
- In the community
Family-style potluck Shabbat/Tu B'Shvat dinner
Family-style potluck Shabbat dinner, with Tu B’Shvat seder, Friday, February 6, 6:30 pm., in the CLC at ST. Marks. Enjoy Shabbat observance, table songs, and – with dessert – a Tu B’Shvat seder, exploring the mystical teachings of this holiday marking the stirring of new life in the midst of winter. Challah, Kiddush wine, seder foods provided. If your last name begins A – F, please bring a main dish; G – P, a side dish; Q – Z, dessert. Please keep in mind that many of our attendees prefer vegetarian food, and a few, vegan.
- Shabbat morning worship and Torah service, Saturday, February 14, 10:30 am:
- NC Interfaith Power & Light Preach-in, Dr. Stephen Jurovics (“Love your Mother-Planet”).
Coming up at Yavneh
- Men's Spiritual Group meets Wednesday evening, February 4, 7:30 - 9:00 pm.
- Soul Collage ® continues with two sessions on Sunday, February 8 from 2-5 pm and Monday, February 9 from 1-4 pm.
- Catastrophe and Creativity program originally scheduled for January will be rescheduled for late August.
In the community
- Celebrate Purim at the North Carolina Museum of Art. Join the Friends of the Judaic Art Gallery on Saturday, February 25th from 7-10 pm for hors d'oeurves, drinks, music, and fun. Details here.
- St Mark's is collecting books for their J2A Book Sale. There’s a big purple bin in the Concourse where you can drop off your books. If you have too many to carry, contact Bill DuPre at 919-604-1140 or email@example.com, and he will come to your home and pick them up.
- At the Raleigh-Cary JCC in February:
- Orphan Train, JCC Book Club. (2/2)
- Dancing in Jaffa, JCC Jewish Film Series. (2/8)
- Wanda Urbanska, "Jan Karski: WWII Resistance Fighter, US Presidential Medal of Freedom." (2/11)
- The Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary is excited to announce that the Raleigh-Cary community will be participating in our fourth annual Good Deeds Day March 15th 2015! More information here.