- Worship services
- Coming up at Yavneh
- A special invitation from St. Mark's
- In the community
- Kabbalat Shabbat Worship, Friday, February 20, 7:45 pm: "Showing Up with All You've Got."
- Megillah reading and study in observance of Purim, Wednesday, March 4, 7:30 – 9:00 pm at Rabbi Jurovics’ home.
- Shabbat/Purim dinner and celebration (costumes!), Friday, March 6, 6:00 pm. Additional details TBA.
Coming up at Yavneh
- Mitzvah Study Group meets Wednesday evening, February 18, 7:30 - 9:00 pm. Contact Lewis for information/RSVP.
- Soul Collage ® continues with card-reading sessions on 2/23 and 2/24. Click here for more information or contact Doreen Clark.
- Dinner with the Rabbi is Sunday, February 22, 6:30 pm at Sushi Thai, 2434 Wycliff Road, Raleigh, 27613. Please RSVP by noon on Friday 2/20.
- Note - Men's Spiritual Group will not meet in March due to Purim.
A Special Invitation from St. Mark's
Last year, St. Mark's resumed the tradition of having Foyer Groups, and would like to invite people from the Yavneh community to participate.
Foyer groups are sets of about 7 to 11 people who have several meals together, purely for fun, food, and getting to know each other better. The meals rotate through the hosts, so a group of 7 or 8 would probably share 4 meals together.
After the meals have rotated through the hosts, that Foyer is over. There is no commitment beyond the meals, and no obligation to sign up again for future Foyer cycles. The get-togethers do not include worship or committee tasks. This Foyer rotation will probably start in early March, with groups finishing by late spring or into the summer.
Meals can be at people's homes, at restaurants "going dutch", etc. Meals at people's home are "in the style of the home" whether on convenient paper plates or the family china, potluck or the host(s) providing the food.... up to you! Frequently single people share the hosting with another person. Groups with Yavneh participants should not schedule meals together that conflict with Yavneh services or other events.
Please feel free to call Grace at 919-247-6426 with any questions. To sign up, look for a sign-up sheet at the next couple of Yavneh services or events. Or please email me at email@example.com with the following information: your name, phone number, email address, how many in your family, and whether or not you want to be in a group which includes children.
Thank you! Looking forward to this shared experience!
In the community
- Celebrate Purim at the North Carolina Museum of Art. Join the Friends of the Judaic Art Gallery on Saturday, February 25th from 7-10 pm for hors d'oeurves, drinks, music, and fun.
- St Mark's is collecting books for their J2A Book Sale. There’s a big purple bin in the Concourse where you can drop off your books. If you have too many to carry, contact Bill DuPre at 919-604-1140 or firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will come to your home and pick them up.
- The Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary is excited to announce that the Raleigh-Cary community will be participating in our fourth annual Good Deeds Day March 15th 2015!