- Worship services
- Coming up at Yavneh
- A special invitation from St. Mark's
- In the community
This year, we have two opportunities to celebrate Purim with the Yavneh community:
- Join us on erev Purim, Wednesday, March 4, for an adult-oriented Megillah reading and study. We will be meeting in Reb Raachel's home starting at 7:30 pm.
- Then, on Friday, March 6, at 6:00 pm take part in our Family Shabbat/Purim Potluck Dinner and Celebration. Come in costume - prizes will be awarded to children and adults! If your last name begins A – F, please bring a side dish; G – N, dessert; O – Z, a main dish. Due to a burst pipe in the Community Life Center at St. Mark's, we are not certain yet where this event will be held - watch for more info. (There is a suggested donation of $10/person or $20/family for this event.)
- Shabbat Morning Worship and Torah Service, Saturday, February 28, 10:30 am: "Who's in Charge?"
Coming up at Yavneh
- Soul Collage ® continues with card-reading sessions on 2/23 and 2/24. Contact Doreen Clark for more information.
- Mitzvah Study Group meets Wednesday evening, March 18, 7:30 - 9:00 pm. Contact Lewis Copulsky for information/RSVP.
- Note - Men's Spiritual Group will not meet in March due to Purim.
A Special Invitation from St. Mark's
Last year, St. Mark's resumed the tradition of having Foyer Groups, and would like to invite people from the Yavneh community to participate. Click here for more information.
In the community
- Celebrate Purim at the North Carolina Museum of Art. Join the Friends of the Judaic Art Gallery on Saturday, February 28th from 7-10 pm for hors d'oeurves, drinks, music, and fun.
- The Jewish Federation of Raleigh-Cary is excited to announce that the Raleigh-Cary community will be participating in our fourth annual Good Deeds Day March 15th 2015!
- Interested in purchasing Fair Trade Passover chocolate? It's available here.