Hosting a Yavneh oneg at Beth Meyer
Thank you for considering hosting a Yavneh Kabbalat Shabbat oneg at Beth Meyer.
Hopefully you will find this to be a fairly uncomplicated process. Here is what you need to know.
- We typically have between 10 and 20 people attending a Friday night service. The oneg is meant to be very modest – a few cookies, perhaps some fruit.
- In observing Beth Meyer’s kashrut practices please follow these guidelines:
- Food and beverages should be brought in still sealed, in packaging with kosher certification.
- Whole fruit such as grapes, berries, and unpeeled citrus is acceptable (no kosher certification required). Please do not bring fruit that has been cut-up elsewhere; there is a kitchen available if you wish to serve cut-up fruit.
- Bagels and challah from NY Bagel & Deli (7909 FALLS OF THE NEUSE RD), while not typically part of a Friday night oneg, can be served.
- Please do not bring in home-made items.
- Please bring at least one gluten-free item.
- We have coffee, tea, and bottled water. Kosher fruit juice or soda is appreciated but not required.
- We have plates, napkins, and utensils.
- Beth Meyer has an ice machine.
- Please plan to arrive 15-20 minutes before the start of services (7:30 pm) to set things up.