Friday Night Kabbalat Shabbat Services at Beth Meyer
October 15, 2017
As many of you learned over the High Holy Days, starting in November, Yavneh will be holding its Kabbalat Shabbat Friday evening services at Beth Meyer Synagogue. I am writing to share this news with those who weren’t able to attend our holiday services and to expand on some important details.
- Our services at Beth Meyer will take place in the Beit Am, which is located in the Education building. This is the building on the right, and the Beit Am is the large room to the right of the entrance.
- This will be a Yavneh service. Beth Meyer will continue to hold Friday night services in the main sanctuary. We are not combining worship -- although individuals are certainly welcome to attend either service -- and, on occasion, we may join with Beth Meyer for oneg and socializing following services.
- We are not leaving St. Mark’s, or diminishing our shared community with them. We will continue to hold Saturday morning services, High Holy Day and festival services, and other events at St. Mark’s.
- Offering services and educational programming at Beth Meyer provides a way for Yavneh to expand our Jewish Renewal “synagogue without walls” into the wider Jewish community. We welcome Beth Meyer congregants to participate in our gatherings, as they welcome us; please watch for information about the robust learning opportunities we will be sharing.
- As well, Beth Meyer's Religious School will welcome our students on the same basis as their members' youngsters; families who wish to continue at the Chabad Sunday Morning Hebrew School may chose that option.
- Our first Kabbalat Service at Beth Meyer is Friday, November 10th, at 7:30 pm at 504 Newton Road, Raleigh. I look forward to seeing you there!