- Worship services
- Coming up at Yavneh
- In the community
The first night of Passover is April 3rd. Yavneh members have several ways to celebrate:
- On the second night of Passover (Saturday, April 4, 5:30 pm), participate in Yavneh's Un-Seder. We will be gathering at a member's home to enjoy leftovers from the first Seder, and we'll have an open-ended discussion covering unanswered questions from the Haggadah and other topics. Since we will be meeting in a member’s home, only a limited number of people can be accommodated, so be sure to promptly via email or on Meetup!
- If you're looking for a more traditional Seder, Beth Meyer Congregation invites Yavneh members to join them on the first night of Passover at their Community Seder - register here.
- Seder Match Up - do you have room at your family Seder for a guest or two? Would you like to be a guest at a Yavneh member's Seder? Contact Lewis and we'll try to match you up.
- Kabbalat Shabbat Worship, Friday, March 20th, 7:45 pm: "The Balance Point between Purim and Pesach."
Coming up at Yavneh
- Mitzvah Study Group meets this Wednesday evening, March 18, 7:30 - 9:00 pm. Contact Lewis for information/RSVP.
- The next Home-Style Shabbat (aka DIY Shabbat) is Friday evening, March 27th, 6pm. Join the Yavneh community in a member's home for pot-luck Shabbat dinner, followed by a discussion of Abraham Joshua Heschel's book "The Sabbath". RSVP here.
- Dinner with the Rabbi reconvenes on Sunday, March 29th, 6:30 pm in a new location, Sassool (formerly Neomonde). Join with Reb Raachel and Yavneh community members for food and informal conversation. Sassool is a vegetarian-vegan-lactose and gluten intolerance-budget friendly restaurant in North Raleigh, at corner of Strickland and Six Forks (www.sassool.com). Please RSVP by noon on Friday (3/27) via email or on Meetup.
- Men's Spirituality Group meets Wednesday evening, April 1, 7:30 - 9:00 pm (no fooling!). Contact Lewis for information/RSVP.
In the community
- Out! Raleigh - This year Yavneh will have an information table at Out! Raleigh, a festival in downtown Raleigh sponsored by the LGBT Center of Raleigh, on Saturday May 2nd. If you'd like to volunteer for a 2-hour shift please contact Lewis.