Ongoing Learning Opportunities at Yavneh
Please note that meeting times sometimes change. Check the Yavneh calendar for most up-to-date information.
- Hebrew education for children is offered through a partnership with the Chabad Center in North Raleigh. The Sunday morning program includes participation by instructors from Yavneh along with the Chabad Center’s excellent teaching staff. We supplement the Hebrew program with Yavneh family learn-shops throughout the school year, and we will continue offering our own b’nai mitzvah instruction as our students reach that important milestone in their Jewish learning. Contact Reb Raachel for further information or click here to download the student registration form for 2014 – 15.
- Adult B'nai Mitzvah classes are offered to those who missed out on the opportunity in their youth. Contact Reb Raachel for more information.
- Dinner and Schmooze with the Rabbi is a monthly opportunity to join with Reb Raachel and Yavneh community members for food and informal conversation. We usually meet the fourth Sunday of the month, at 6:30 pm. Refer to the calendar or Yavneh's Meetup group for time and location. RSVP to Reb Raachel.
- Mitzvot Study Group meets the third Wednesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. The purpose of this group is to introduce or increase intentionality (kavannah) into our individual spiritual practices. At each meeting we study a different one (or a group of several) of the 613 mitzvot (commandments). This group is open to participants of all religions (as well as genders, ages, etc.). The group meets in member homes.
- Men’s Spirituality Group meets the first Wednesday of the month from 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm. This group provides an opportunity to explore how we can understand Torah/Jewish-based spirituality from our perspectives as men, fathers, sons, brothers, husbands, and friends and to explore how Torah/Jewish-based spirituality can inform how we live our lives.
- Spirit-Wisdom-Intuition SoulCollage® card-making workshops are facilitated by Doreen Clark. They take place on selected afternoons (typically the second Sunday and Monday of the month), with a suggested donation of $10. Sessions are three hours long, plus an optional hour beforehand for schmoozing and snacking. Contact Doreen for more information or to reserve your spot. Enrollment at each workshop is limited to eight participants.